Student Nutrition

The Nicolet Union High School District provides a variety of healthy and appetizing meal options daily in partnership with its food service management company, Aramark. Our shared goal is to provide students with a well-balanced meal that also appeals to their tastes, while meeting the guidelines of the USDA's National School Lunch Program.  Designed to ensure students receive an appealing, balanced meal consisting of foods from all major food groups, the USDA’s standards focus on obtaining calories and other key nutrients from fruits, vegetables, lean protein foods, grains, and milk with proper serving sizes for a student’s age and activity level. 
For more details, please utilizing this link.

Some Of The Highlights Of Our Student Nutrition Program Include:

  • No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat.

  • Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium. School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes.

  • Foods are baked, never fried.

  • Items like rolls or sandwich bread are made with whole-grains.

Read more about Aramark's pledge to wellness and health meals. Click here for access.

Free & Reduced Meals

If you want to determine if you are eligible for free or reduced cost meals (Breakfast and/or Lunch), you may complete the application by clicking the link below, printing and submitting directly to: Angela Mehrtens, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, Glendale, WI 53217. Paper copies of the application are also available at Nicolet Union High School. The free and reduced meal application can be submitted anytime during the school year. 

If your child qualifies for free or reduced price meals this school year, they are also eligible to receive Summer EBT benefits for this upcoming summer. Summer EBT provides funds for each eligible child to help with costs of food during the summer months. To learn more about this program, visit the Summer EBT page. To update your contact information or to opt out of receiving these benefits, visit Summer EBT Management.

If you have questions about applying for free or reduced meals, please contact:

Instructions to Add Funds to Student Nutrition Account

Effective for the 2023-24 school year, cash will no longer be accepted in the breakfast/lunch line.  All students and staff will need to add funds to their account to make purchases.  To accomplish this, you can add funds one of two ways.

  • Deposit cash/check via one of the lockboxes conveniently located near the front desk.  It is free to make deposits in this manner.

  • Add funds via Skyward (Click Here for instructions on how to do this - page 11) - $2.50 transaction fee for this option

If you have any issues with adding funds on account, please contact Angela Mehrtens for Skyward/RevTrak issues ( or Shawn Mellon for balance issues (

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.