. . . of Nicolet High School is an advocacy group purposed to create and support academic achievement and social development in an evolving, culturally intelligent learning environment. MEPA works with staff, students, parents, the board and other partners to support the academic, social and cultural needs of the school’s multi-ethnic population and programming.
MEPA works with the school to:
- Identify, address and resolve the needs of multi-ethnic students, their families and staff and
- Increase diversity and understanding among staff, administration and board members
MEPA is a membership association and annual dues are collected, which can be paid with your child’s registration or directly to the school. Dues are used to support activities such as:
- The annual Senior Scholarship and Awards Program,
- Advocacy activities and events for students and families and
- Culture specific activities
Our monthly meeting supports creativity via four areas of concentrations which are:
- Programs – plan and implement MEPA programs and events such as parent and student support and assisting with student activities,
- Friend/Fundraising – identify and engage Nicolet families and other partners in securing resources to support our scholarships, programs and events,
- Advocacy – partner with administration and staff to address concerns impacting our students around academic performance, the achievement gap, discipline, acceptance, etc.,
- Scholarship – prepare application, promote to seniors, select recipients, and plan the April Scholarship Awards event
MEPA meets every fourth Wednesday of each month, starting in September, no meeting in December. All meetings are held from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in Room B-113 (Faculty Lounge) unless noted otherwise.
Please contact the following with questions or for additional information: Natasha Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or Annise Carter at (404) 217-0493