The Nicolet Writing Center is a peer-to-peer program designed to help students become more confident and effective writers. Writing Mentors will offer support through all stages of the writing process, and can make targeted suggestions for improvement based on a student's questions or concerns about a writing task. Unlike peer editors who correct technical mistakes, Writing Mentors will be trained to provide help with a variety of writing tasks, including:
- Interpreting a prompt and brainstorming a plan
- Developing ideas/incorporating evidence to support a central claim
- Organizing an argument logically and coherently
- Enhancing language choice, with particular attention to writing task, subject, and audience
- Asking guiding questions, and helping peers see possible solutions to writing challenges.